The Translation Academy
The Translation Academy at Global Voices:
THE TRANSLATION ACADEMY MISSION:
We have identified the need to recruit Translators / Linguists to be based at our Head Office in Stirling, Scotland, UK. The Translator / Linguist will be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of translation projects for some of the world’s most instantly recognisable brands. You’ll be working on all kinds of texts – from marketing materials, to poems, to websites and even cookery books!
After 6-months of working through the training programme provided by the Translation Academy, and on the basis of performance, you will be given the opportunity to perform your role completely remotely, from anywhere in the UK!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
You’ll need have one of the following source and target language combinations:
- German + Spanish > English.
- German + any other language > English.
- English + Spanish > French.
- English + French > Italian.
- English + German > Italian.
- French + Italian > English.
- English + any other language > Spanish.
- English + any other language > German (2x).
- English + Russian > French.
- Italian + any other language > English.
- English + any other language > Spanish (2x).
No matter the combination above, you’ll need to be a native speaker of the target language.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Fluency in another European language is desirable.
- Full clean driving licence or local to the area.
- Formal education within translation – 4/5 year degree/master’s degree.
- Prior experience as a translator, either full time or freelance.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Positive, ambitious, and energetic people with a hunger to succeed.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Robust, assertive, and outwardly confident in nature.
- Career focused with progression in mind.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Clear progression path and development plan.
- Private healthcare (length of service dependent).
- Private pension scheme.
- Various company sports teams.
- Yearly company-sanctioned vacations overseas.
- Ample, free onsite parking.
- Opportunity to work remotely, permanently.
Global Voices is a real commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting new international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world’s best-known brands; international government bodies with clients large and small from both public and private sector, worldwide.
Our bright, attractive offices are located in Stirling Innovation Park. One of Europe’s most picturesque business centres, we have stunning views of the towering Wallace Monument and the surrounding heather-clad hills. We also have ample free parking available!
See what our staff have to say in our 2020 employer brand video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLmR8i3DKM
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- This role is originally full time and office based at our headquarters in Stirling, Scotland, UK.
- Working hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday.
Please note; as a business, Global Voices does not engage the services of recruitment agencies.