Remote Full Stack Developer
THE REMOTE FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Are you looking for a completely Remote Full Stack Development position which is dynamic, fast-paced, commercially focused, entrepreneurial, making use of the latest development technologies? Are you motivated by the idea of working collaboratively within a small, close-knit development team ? Are you looking for a company which has growth and progression firmly on the agenda?
The Global Voices mission is to “connect people; remove barriers; enhance value; and create opportunities”. We are looking for energetic, and proactive Front End Developers to join us on our next exiting phase of growth, as we accelerate our mission to become the number 1 language solutions provider (LSP) in the UK!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- New development of website, hub system, internal intranet systems and automated quotation systems.
- New development of client billing and payment systems.
- Integration of CRM systems with Portal and internet systems.
- Integration of specialist machine translation programmes such as SDL Trados with quotation systems and internal intranet systems.
- Bug-fixing within new and existing applications.
- Ownership and resolution of support requests.
- Working with Digital Marketing, Graphics Design and UX Design to implement elegant user systems which are a delight to use.
- Helping clients reach previously untapped markets with outstanding growth potential.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar Front End Development role.
- 18+ months of experience of working with React / React.js in a commercial environment.
- 18+ months of experience of working with Node / Node.js in a commercial environment.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Fluency in another European language is desirable.
- Prior experience in the language services industry.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment.
- A degree background in computing / IT / software development / software engineering.
- Experience of other frameworks, such as Angular / Angular.js.
- Experience of development and implementation of API’s.
- Experience of working in an AWS / AWS Lambda environment.
- Experience of HRML / CSS / GraphQL.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- This is a permanently remote working position. As such, you will not be required to attend the office on a regular basis, instead working from home. It is however our preference to recruit a remote working candidate local to the Central Scotland / Edinburgh / Glasgow / Dundee area, for easy access to travel for monthly development meetings.
- Clear progression path and development plan.
- Private healthcare and mental health plan.
- Fast career growth and development within a rapidly scaling, highly entrepreneurial company.
- Yearly company-sanctioned vacations overseas.
- A colourful, vibrant, multi-cultural, progressive team and working environment.
- Private pension scheme.
- Ample, free onsite parking.
WHO WE ARE:
Global Voices is a modern commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting new international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world’s best-known brands and international government bodies, with clients large and small from both public and private sector, worldwide.
Our bright, attractive offices are located in Stirling Innovation Park. One of Europe’s most picturesque business centres, we have stunning views of the towering Wallace Monument and the surrounding heather-clad hills. We also have ample free parking available!
See what our staff have to say in our ‘Unite The World’ talent acquisition video:
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Core hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday.
- Salary: Competitive and flexible, depending upon experience and suitability.
All applications to this role must come directly from the prospective candidate. As such, Global Voices does not engage the services of recruitment/employment agencies.