THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
We have identified the need to recruit a Financial Controller to be based at our headquarters in Stirling, Scotland, UK. The Financial Controller will be responsible for all financial and accounting activities relating to Global Voices transactions, as well as for our 2 sister companies; London Translations and Gemini Translations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Team management; overseeing the finance team and supporting their objectives and development plans
- Business partnering with the Global Voices senior management team, managing risks and opportunities
- Financial planning; producing budgets and forecasting as well as 3-year plans.
- Advising on acquisitions and acquisition strategy.
- Cash management; managing Global Voices’ working capital requirements as well as cash forecasting and analysis.
- Providing financial analysis and adding real value to the commercial performance of the company.
- High level of reporting, including variance analysis and commentary.
- Governance and control; implementation of robust and scalable financial processes and ensuring strong internal controls are in place and maintained.
- Production of monthly management accounts and presenting those to both MD and Senior Management Team.
- Provision of financial analysis.
- Oversee purchasing and payroll activities for all staff.
- Attendance of board meetings.
- Monitoring of Global Voices’ banking activities.
- Oversight of the maintenance of the fixed assets inventory.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least 3 years of experience Commercial mind with a great deal of business acumen.
- Experience of working in a dynamic, high growth organisation, with the skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Experience of leading and inspiring staff to reach their full potential.
- To be practical and hands-on, as well as a high-level strategic thinker.
- A qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAS/CIMA).
- To be energetic with the will to take ownership and make a real, tangible difference.
- Previous experience in a Finance Manager / Head of Finance / Financial Controller position.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Fluency in another European language is desirable.
- Full clean driving licence or local to the area.
- Prior experience in the language services industry.
- 2-3 years of experience in an SME setting, either as the 1st or 2nd finance point of contact.
WHAT WE REALLY VALUE:
- People who are positive, energetic, ambitious, and who have a hunger to succeed!
- People with a real desire and clear rationale for working at our amazing company.
- People who are robust and able to make a real, tangible difference.
- People who are clear, concise, and diplomatic communicators.
- People who are focussed on building a long-term career and playing an important role in our future.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Private healthcare and mental health plan.
- Clear progression and development plan.
- Lucrative annual company-performance based bonus scheme.
- Fast career growth and development within a rapidly scaling, highly entrepreneurial company.
- Yearly company-sanctioned vacations overseas.
- A colourful, vibrant, multi-cultural, progressive team and working environment.
- Private pension scheme.
- Company sports teams.
- Ample, free onsite parking.
WHO WE ARE:
Global Voices is a modern commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting new international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world’s best-known brands and international government bodies, with clients large and small from both public and private sector, worldwide.
Our bright, attractive offices are located in Stirling Innovation Park. One of Europe’s most picturesque business centres, we have stunning views of the towering Wallace Monument and the surrounding heather-clad hills. We also have ample free parking available!
See what our staff have to say in our ‘Unite The World’ talent acquisition video:
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Although we’re working remotely at the moment, this role will be full time and office based at our headquarters in Stirling, Scotland, UK.
- Core hours: 9am – 6pm Monday – Friday.
- Salary: £40,000 – £60,000
All applications to this role must come directly from the prospective candidate. As such, Global Voices does not engage the services of recruitment/employment agencies.
Keywords: Financial Controller / Group Financial Controller / Finance Manager / Head of Finance / Finance Director / Qualified Accountant / Qualified Accountancy / Senior Finance Manager / ACCA Qualified / CIMA Qualified / ICAS Qualified / Commercial Finance Manager / Commercial Finance Director