Translation Project Manager
Global Voices is a real commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting new international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world’s best-known brands; international government bodies with clients large and small from both public and private sector, worldwide.
Our bright, attractive offices are located in Stirling Innovation Park. One of Europe’s most picturesque business centres, we have stunning views of the towering Wallace Monument and the surrounding heather-clad hills. We also have ample free parking available!
See what our staff have to say in our 2020 employer brand video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLmR8i3DKM
THE TRANSLATION PROJECT MANAGER
The role will be predominately based at our Head Office in Stirling, Scotland, UK, working Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Day to day management of our live translation business, responsible for around 70% of company revenue generation.
- Working with household corporate brand names, to provide them with swift, accurate and cost-effective translations and communications solutions.
- Working on top secret, eyes only projects for both the commercial and public sectors.
- Working with our sales department to deliver translation solutions to emergency services clients.
- Providing world class customer service to world class clients across the globe.
- Helping clients reach previously untapped markets.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Degree education (any discipline), but preferably in language/translation studies.
- A clear, concise, and diplomatic communication style.
- A robust and focused attitude, with the ability to demonstrate clarity of thought.
- A keen desire to play a key role within a critical department, crucial for commercial success.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Fast, clear career growth and development within a rapidly scaling, highly entrepreneurial company.
- Private healthcare (length of service dependent).
- Private pension scheme.
- Competitive annual leave entitlement.
- Ample, free onsite parking.
- A colourful, vibrant, multi-cultural, progressive team and working environment.
- Dogs at work initiative.
- Various company sports teams.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Fluency in another European language is desirable.
- Full clean driving licence or local to the area.
- Prior experience in the language services industry.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment.
- A degree background in translation or languages.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Positive, ambitious, and energetic people with a hunger to succeed.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Robust, assertive, and outwardly confident in nature.
- Career focused with progression in mind.
All applications to this role must come directly from the prospective candidate. As such, Global Voices does not engage the services of recruitment/employment agencies.