Global Voices is a real commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world’s best-known brands; international government bodies with clients large and small from both public and private sector.
At Global Voices we understand the power of communication. People across the world love to speak and write to each other, show each other their cultures, their knowledge and their professional services, solutions, and products.
We have been helping our customers to communicate across over 150 languages since 2004 when we started our translation and interpretation services. We work closely with our customers to understand their content, their messaging, and their desired outcomes. We will then find the appropriate solutions to delight our customers.
We now have a network of over 9,500 professionally qualified linguists from all over the world. We can supply translation, interpretation and localisation services across Europe and North America. We have dedicated offices available in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, and the United States of America.
For our customers who operate in a specific vertical industry sector, we offer specialist knowledge and expertise for the sector in question. Our linguists will provide in-depth knowledge on localised terms and vocabulary for your sector. We cover many different sectors and specialise in translations and interpretations for the legal, life science, manufacturing, medical and financial services sector.
The HR Manager Opportunity
An exciting role has arisen at our company! We are looking for a HR Manager who will be responsible for the employee experience. This role encompasses all aspects of the employee experience, from onboarding, development, retention, training – to offboarding and exit interviewing.
The HR Manager performs an essential function at Global Voices; raising awareness and assessing candidates available, ensuring that a full HR compliment is available to the business at all times. This is an extremely fast paced role, where you’ll be filling vacancies of everything from sales-people, to translators, to software engineers; many with specific language requirements. As such, every role is niche, hard-to-find, and must be approached with a considered, well thought-through and well-designed action plan, for sourcing the right candidates. As a small but growing SME, our people priorities are talent acquisition and learning and development. Ideally, you’ll have exposure to these 2 skills in a service-based SME environment. An overview of duties includes:
- Setup and management of IT systems for new starts.
- Cyclical maintenance and troubleshooting of IT/account/equipment issues.
- New start offer management and contract drafting.
- Policy interpretation.
- Employer branding, EVP and external communications.
- PR/reputation management.
- Coordination with line managers for interviewing slots.
- Talent acquisition, pipeline management and talent-mapping.
- Learning and development, and career management processes.
- Sifting, screening and sorting of potential CVs – arranging interviews and other assessments.
- Design of job specs and SEO optimised advertisements.
- Management and oversight of e-mail and Microsoft Teams systems.
- Induction presentations and staff introductions.
- Company communications and staff updates.
- Holding performance reviews and appraisals.
- Custodian of HRIMS system.
- Logging sick days/absences – alerting line managers to any areas of concern.
- Managing holiday and annual leave allocations.
- Document control – involved with annual ISO/IIP audits.
- Monthly payroll calculations: working with finance to resolve queries/issues.
- Management and oversight of the Global Voices remote internship programme.
- Degree level education (business or human resource management).
- Talent management and talent acquisition experience.
- Experience of recruiting for niche roles.
- Implementation of L&D agendas.
- Exposure to aspects of succession planning and manpower management.
- Robust, can-do attitude.
- Friendly, personable, and persuasive in candidate approach.
- Analytical; experience of Boolean/x-ray searching.
- A skill for noticing cultural fit.
- Truly aligned with the Global Voices mission, vision, and cultural outlook.
- Well-developed emotional intelligence.
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Willingness to work from, promote, and be actively involved in the office environment.
Non-Essential, Bonus Attributes and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a Language Service Provider (LSP).
- CIPD certified.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role in a B2B, service-based environment.
- Clean driving licence, and local to the area.
- Knowledge of employment and contract law is desirable.
- Full fluency in another European language, such as Italian, German or French.
- Well-developed network of contacts via LinkedIn/from previous professional experience – especially those with a technology/software engineering background.
- Some experience of HR and employee relations work is desirable.
Remuneration and Benefits
- As well as a competitive base salary of £25,000 – £35,000, we offer a number of benefits:
- Annual company performance-based bonus scheme.
- Progression to HR Manager and beyond available for the right candidate.
- Private healthcare scheme via Vitality Life (available after 12 months of experience).
- Ample free on-site parking.
- Working hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday.
Whilst we are working remotely at the moment due to the pandemic, this role will be full-time, permanently based from our headquarters in Stirling, Scotland, UK.